Winning this coveted award is, without doubt, one of the greatest achievements in my already glittering career and life . Let me start by thanking the nuns at the maternity hospital who delivered me on that sunny day back in….- Oh sorry-what? No, that can’t be. What are you saying? I’ve not actually won yet? You’re kidding! Only a nominee? Ridiculous. And I have to do various tasks? It’s an affront. But, for the sake of those that nominated me I shall complete the process with an open heart,and with the attitude that such an award deserves.
Here are the so-called Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- As the clear favourite to win this Oscar of the blogging world, I’d like to point out that I was nominated by not just one BUT TWO bloggers- Anne at nomorebeard and Claire at ditchingthewhininghabit. Thanks guys- they’ll be payback believe me
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Claire took the trouble to write these, Anne just lazily reused them
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Believe them they will be true
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers.
- fat chance- I want less not more competition
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Sorry but I have washing up that needs doing
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post.
Answers to Claire’s/ Anne’s questions:
- If you could have had any job/career what would it have been? At the age of 11 I went to a chocolate factory with my school and up to the age of thirty I dreamed of being chief chocolate taster at Cadbury’s . Sadly it wasn’t to be. I had to settle on just being a UN ambassador and bringing world peace to troubled regions of the world.
- If you were stranded on a desert island what three items would you choose to have with you? My Liebster Award , a mirror and a rubber chicken
- What the thing you like most about yourself? My inexhaustable humility
- If you could relive one day again, exactly as it was before, what day would it be and why? the day fairly recently when I was first nominated for the Liebster Award. My life changed forever on that momentous day.
- If you could only see one more band/singer live, who would it be? The Wurzles singing their classic hit- I’ve got a brand new combine harvester
- What is your biggest achievement in your life so far? Winning the Liebster Award
- What’s your favourite way to relax (keep it clean please!)? Cleaning
- You can have a superpower for a year. Which one would you choose? The power to defeat all known viruses and to go back in time and kiss Susan, the prettiest girl in my primary class.
- What’s your favourite time of day and why? That lovely 24hr spell between midnight and midnight. No other part of the day quite lives up to this.
- What are you most afraid of? losing my reading glasses
- What are your ‘words to live by?’ “sausages used to be meatier in the 1960s” and “do you have any other AF beers besides Becks Blue”
11Facts about Me:
- I identify as male most of the time
- I wear size 9 shoes
- I have white hair
- I used to have a flat mate that drank more than me
- I have been married 3 times
- I have been divorced three times
- Marriage is a tricky business
- Divorce is expensive
- Im getting older with each year
- I hate writing lists
- I like it when lists end
My nominees :
- Please God, this has to end somewhere or everyone will eventually be a nominee!
In reality of course these awards are superfluous. Who needs them? All these sobriety blogs have different and distinctive voices. They all contribute to a thriving community that provides amazing support and encouragement to others dealing with related issues. In my book they are all already winners. I thank you.